Friday, November 25, 2005

Kool Aid Mom

I saw this comedian recently who was discussing her eastern European mother. "My mom is not one of those Kool Aid moms who invite all the neighborhood kids in for snacks" she said. "My mom always told me 'you find someone who'll feed you, you go there'". Well, it was funny when she said it. However, my point is that I have some how become the Kool Aid mom. It seems that not only can I not get rid of my kids for a few hours, I end up with 2 or 3 extras. Not that I mind. I don't always mind. Sometimes I mind. Some how the other parents have figured out that I don't work anymore and they started sending their kids over after school. This means we never have food in the house. I am simply amazed at how much 11 year old girls can eat! And their drama. Oy, someone is always mad at another and they have to IM about it repeatedly. At the very least I know where my kid is, who she's with, and what they're doing.
I have also become they're personal chauffer. Not one of these other parents can drive these kids anywhere. They won't even split the duty and drop off or pick up. I get both. The beauty of it is that they don't even come up with a cheap excuse about why they can't (which is totally what I would do) they just say "No, I'm not taking you anywhere." My sister in law says they know I'll drive if they won't, so why would they bother? If I don't drive them to the dance/movies, then that means they stay at my house all night and, well, I need the break.
I also get to host many sleepovers that are planned at whatever excursion I've driven them to. That means more snacks, drinks, and pancake breakfasts.
They’re not bad kids. Most of them are pretty nice. I’m glad that I can do this. Many parents work and can’t have kids over after school. Besides, they’ll be grown up before we know it, right?
I have to go now. The posse of pre teens currently invading my house wants to use the computer to watch the Black Eyed Peas “My Humps” video for the tenth time today.

Where are those Want Ads anyway?

6 Comments:

Blogger darrylmasterson said...

the drama kills me. why does there have to be drama???

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They'e girls. If they were boys they'd just punch each other and be done.

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog,
Love the baby girl stories!
I can hear her now saying, "Where's Lila" not to mention "Mere Doodle". What a kid!
I can't wait to read more!!

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you kindly :) Now get to bloggin' missy!

8:10 PM  
Blogger foxymama said...

Ohmigosh, you've become...me.

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Foxy, my friend, there are worse people I could turn into. Besides, you have the best craft room!

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home