Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Little Punk

Jazz: So, I see you signed up to work the bake sale tomorrow.

Me: Yup.

Jazz: Well, I won't be there you know. So you'll have to hang out with all my dorky friends!

Me: That's ok. I have plenty of stories I can tell them.

Jazz: Was that 12 to 1 you were working? Oh, yeah, I can make that. I'll be available.

Me: That's what I thought.

-----
Phone call at 8am
Jazz: Hey can you bake a bunch more stuff for today?
Me: What? I spent 6 1/2 hours baking yesterday! Why do you need more stuff?
Jazz: No one else made anything and we'll never make it throught the first lunch period.
Me: (muttering) Do I have anything left? Are there any eggs left?
Jazz: Oh, and, no other adult signed up to help us either so if you could come in earlier that would be good.
Me: So you want me there by 11am with enough baked goods to feed the whole eigth grade?
Jazz: Pretty much. I'll see you later! *click*
Me: I fucking hate bake sales.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger foxymama said...

Oh man am I glad those days are over! I knew there was some redeeming feature of old age. I don't even know where I've stored the baking stuff anymore. I'm thinking that this might not turn out to be your finest year...

1:12 PM  
Blogger Marianna said...

mmmm now I'm craving cookies! LOL

M~

3:15 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I never even bother to put my baking stuff away these days. It just sits on the counter.
I tried to make brownies, but when I added the Heath bar bits, they sunk to the bottom and made it impossible to get out of the pan. So I ended up going to Dunkin Donuts and getting two dozen frosted, sprinkly things. They sold out so fast!

4:35 PM  
Blogger darrylmasterson said...

I didn't even get anything to bring into work...

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After that post, Darryl, you're lucky Jenn didn't swat you upside the head with her spatula!
Ain't nothin' grander than a teenager!!

5:41 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Darryl's taken plenty of stuff to work! I made 50 whoopie pies and I didn't even get one.

7:03 AM  
Blogger darrylmasterson said...

I was able to steal one whoopie pie and they came out great!

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home