Tuesday, July 10, 2007

So we've got a wedding here in a few days. My nephew is getting married on Saturday and all three of my girls are in the wedding. Jasmine will be a junior bridesmaid and Lila and Violet will be flower girls. This has been quite the process. It was a challenge to find matching flower girl dresses that were flattering to both a 6 year old and a 3 year old. But, all the dresses are in, the alterations will be finished tomorrow (thanks Mare!) and it should all go off with out a hitch.

If I can convince Violet to go down the aisle.

Now, I hate to even bring this up because my sister is a reader of this blog and it's her son that is getting married. To say that this wedding has turned her into a raging stress-ball would be an understatement, right Cindy? The fact remains that Violet is 3 and that's still pretty close to unpredictable babyhood. She may march down the aisle and beam with pride that everyone is staring at her, she may also yell "NO! I hate the wedding!" and refuse to budge. It's a crap shoot. We do have bribes waiting for her. My mom purchased some ridiculously priced stuffed animals that will be waiting for her at the end of the walk and I plan to have lollipops waiting to keep her interested. But even with all that, she still might get stage fright and not do it.

And in the end, if she doesn't do it or if I have to walk down the aisle with her to get her to go, it's not the end of the world, right? This ceremony symbolizes a commitment to future. That no matter what happens, these two people will be together to weather the storms and bask in the sunshine, hand in hand.

And a 3 year old in a lilac gown ain't got nothing on that.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Raging Stress Ball"...to say the least, and I haven't been around much to deal with it. Just being there for the Fourth was enough for me to know that the wedding (or any wedding for that matter) is taking it's toll on everyone. But come reception time, everyone will forget any little problem that has happened. And if Biolet doesn't go down the isle, no biggie. She's three, part Topa, and totally going to do what she wants to do. I have taken many wedding photos, and let me tell you, the flower girls and ring bearers do what they want.
Just wait until the photo session after!!
That should be a hoot!!
SAMT

6:02 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

The idea of the photo session makes me wig out. I'll do my best w/her and thats all I've got!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Marianna said...

Oh please post after the wedding & let us know how it went! I'll be sending good thoughts!

M~

3:30 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I will post and there ahould be lots of pics!

6:18 AM  
Blogger Cattiva said...

I can't wait to hear how this turns out!

And if she doesn't go? That's part of the "cuteness" of flowergirls.

5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home