Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Sometimes I am.....

An Embarrassing mom:

We have very little time on Tuesdays to get from school to the YMCA for swim lessons. This situation is not helped any by Lila being the classic Pokey Little Puppy. In the changing stall at the Y, I try not to nag at her to hurry along, I just helpfully suggest what she needs to do next. "Ok babe," I tell her "Take off your pants."

"I know, I know.." She says and gives me a little look. The pants come off and she hands them to me.

"Ok, now the shirt kiddo."

"I know." She sounds a little irritated and I can't figure out why. I'm being nice, I'm not nagging at all.

"Ok, now hand me the underwear baby." I say nice and sweet.

"Momma! Stop! People can hear you. You don't have to say -that- out loud!"

"What? Oh, sorry Li. I was just trying to move it along some."

"It's ok. Just sit quietly. I know what to do." She tells me.

"Ok."

Sometimes I am....

A bad influence:


Today we were standing in line at the Post Office and Violet spotted these little plastic mail boxes that you can buy to put your stamps in. She loves the darn things and begs for one every time we go to the post office.

Her-"Ooooh, Momma, can we buy this?" She yanks it off the shelf.

Me- "Not today, baby." I tell her and put it back.

Her- "Dammit!"

Three customers turn full around to stare at me, which I can't understand because I didn't use the profanity. The teller didn't even look up. She's seen us in there before.

Sometimes I am.....

Very Proud:

Jasmine was waiting for me to pick her up from school today. She was sitting in the breeze way at the front of the school with a couple of boys. One of the boys, an eighth grader, starting picking on a sixth grader who was mentally challenged. The bully went up to the younger kid, ripped a ski tag off of his coat and tore it up. He kept picking on the boy who, Jasmine said, was trying hard not to cry.

"Hey!" my daughter yelled "Stop being a friggin' bastard! Leave him alone!"

"Yeah, make me!" The bully yelled back.

Jasmine stood up from the stairs she was sitting on. My five foot six inch daughter towered over the little prick.

He promptly sat down and shut up.

Biology or not, that's my girl.

3 Comments:

Blogger Marianna said...

HA! All your girls rock!

:)
M~

4:58 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Thank you kindly! :)

5:49 AM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

GO JAZZY! She's my kinda kid too!
Stacie

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home