Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Conversations with Violet

Early Saturday morning, I just woke up and was on my way to the bathroom-

Violet: Mama, can I do Arts and Craps?

Me: Not now Violey.

V: Awwww! Can I paint?

Me: Maybe later.

V: Awww! Dammit!


Later that morning when the TV was going fuzzy-

V: Dammit! Stupid TV! Dammit!

Me: Violet, don't say dammit and stupid. They're not friendly words. Say silly TV.

V: Dammit! Silly TV!

Me: Close....

Yesterday, after I stubbed and broke my toe-

V: Oooh! Mama you're toe is blue! That's so pretty. Can I have a purple toe? Can I paint my toe purple?

Also yesterday, when her nose would not stop running-

V: Dammit! Stupid nose is running!

Me: I'm sensing a pattern here...Violet, use this tissue.

V: No thanks. I have my shirt (lifts shirt tail and wipes face).

Me: At least it wasn't my shirt.

7 Comments:

Blogger Marianna said...

LOL your daughter is hysterical!

M~

10:58 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

She mortifies the little old ladies at the grocery store. I just pretend not to hear....

6:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My partner keeps saying that we need to start watching our language. I guess she's right...

11:56 AM  
Blogger foxymama said...

Happy new year to you! I hope it's full of good health, happiness and prosperity!! And love. Lots of love...

12:47 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

It is so hard to watch your language when you've been swearing forever. We used to have a swear jar when Jasmine was little, but after she took her first vacation to Aruba, I got rid of that god damn thing.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

That is hilarious! She sounds like a hoot...kids are so funny..
Stacie

8:19 AM  
Blogger Cattiva said...

Oh my...this sounds like one I gave birth to. Perhaps they were switched in the nursery?

PS - Hope the toe is better!

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home