Tuesday, August 22, 2006

When Violet speaks...

To the cat on the front porch:"toopid cat. Hi Bela!"

In the kitchen when the basket full of toys she's carrying spills: "Dammit!"

When it spills again: "Dammit toys!"

To her sister, after being banished from the kitchen, after three different breakfasts have been asked for, made, and then refused: *whimper* "Lila, momma hate me I no want peanut butta toast." *whimper*

Lila in response: "Oh Violet, she doesn't hate you. She just doesn't like you very much."

In the car: "Mama, I sirsty."
"Here's your water kiddo"
"I no want water. I want cuppa coffee"

To me, while I'm eating a bowl of cereal: "Mama, I stink!"
"Do you need a new diaper?"
"Yes, an it STINKS!"

At the grocery store tonight with grocery receipt in hand: "Lila dis is my money, not yo money. MY money. You not has it, it MY money!"
Bagger: "Boy, she talks real well for her age. Most kids that age, you can't even understand them but I heard every word of that!"
Me: "Yeah. We're proud. Violet! Leave Lila alone!"
V: "It MINE, not yo money!"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That girl is absolutely brilliant!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

She's some sort of something.

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's our Baby Girl!

and that's why we love her.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home