Friday, March 16, 2007

Back from the depths of despair.

Where have I gone? I feel like I've disappeared in a haze of snotty tissues, empty Tylenol bottles, and puke soaked blankets. The last half of February was rough, to say the least. Winter break came around and all three kids were sick. And boy, were they ever sick. I'll spare the gory details. Anyone with kids really does not need to be told the disgusting details of a stomach virus and a cold virus. If you don't have kids and you still want to know, call your mom. Better yet, call your mom and thank her for being able to wipe your nether regions as well as your nose, all while singing children's songs to keep you from crying. Go ahead, call her. I'll wait.

It's been about three weeks or so and we seem to be coming around the bend now. The noses have pretty much dried and the all the bedding has been washed. I just feel like I haven't seen the light of day in years. That's why I decided that I'm going out tomorrow night. Sitters have been informed and friends have been invited to join in. Truthfully, I'm going whether the friends come or not. I love the kids whole-heartedly, but I am a might bit sick of them. I need a couple of hours away. And I am SO looking forward to some one else cooking dinner, clearing away the dishes and cleaning the mess.

We are on the upswing, though. Violet has pretty much potty trained. There was that unfortunate incident yesterday while her aunt was watching her. The result of too much cheese and a few too many bananas. Sorry about that, Tammy. For the most part it has been ok. And the weather this week was so nice. We were able to take several long walks. One of which was so good that Violet fell asleep at 6:30pm and stayed that way until 7:30 the next morning! Heaven on earth, people. Heaven on earth.

So we seem to have joined the land of the living again. Antics will resume, and I'll be able to record them for posterity. It's nice to be back.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Marianna said...

Wanna know what's funny? Just yesterday, I was thinking ~ "I'm gonna email Jenn & ask her if she's ok" & then... I fell asleep on the couch. LOL

Glad everyone's on the mends!

M~

11:16 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

It's the thought that counts?

Thanks for the well wishes. I am so glad they are all better.

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Say...I didn't get an invite to go out for dinner...*sigh*

9:14 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Eh, you didn't miss much. LongHorn's over cooked my shrimp.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

So glad your back and things are looking up over there. I've missed your stories!
Stacie

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home