Sunday, July 29, 2007

The weekend at the beach.

We're home after spending the weekend at the beach. Some good friends of ours agreed to put up with all our noise and messes for two days so we could enjoy the salty air and sandy bottoms. We are greatly appreciative of their hospitality!

Here are a few photos of the weekend. We were staying in Scituate, MA. The house was right on the harbor. Here's a view from the porch:





There were some beautiful sailboats docked in the harbor for the weekend.



Lila




Violet


And Jasmine was camera shy so how about a picture of the sunset?




While Darryl was exploring the rocks near the lighthouse, he found a message in a bottle! I was pretty excited because I'd never found one of those before. It took me a pretty long time to get it out of the bottle. The inside was a little wet and the paper kept sticking to the sides. But I finally managed to pry it out in one piece. Wanna know what it said?














Yup. I *heart* Vagina.

It wasn't a romantic message from a heartbroken man whose wife, his only source of light and joy, died in his arms and he just wanted to send her one last thought.

Not even a cute scribbling from an adventurous grade schooler looking for fascinating "What I Did This Summer" story for school.

And it wasn't even a hopeful wish for the future of our planet.

What are the chances that I'm ever going to find a message in a bottle again? Did my one and only chance really have to be I *heart* Vagina???

Feel free to call the number. I'd like to, but I have the feeling the writer and I don't share similar interests

10 Comments:

Blogger Marianna said...

BWAHAHAHAH!!!!!! OMG I am ROLLING with laughter today! Your blog & Stacie's blog has sent me over the edge!

Ohhhh PLEASE call the number!!!

:)
M~

7:03 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Oh, I think YOU need to call the number. You're a single gal, this could mean big things for you. And apparently all you need is a vagina. Stunning personality is optional :)

5:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well you know that you said it was really Darryl who found it, so you do have hope of finding your own dream message someday.

but I guess if you had to find something this was better than let's say medical waste products!

Cindy

5:49 AM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

OMG! I am DYING laughing! That is hilarious!

Oh how I wish someday to find a message in a bottle. I've been looking for one since i was a kid. If I find one that says I love vagina, I'm gonna be ticked off! ROFLMAO!
Stacie

7:13 AM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

Ps..It could have been worse. It could have said:
I *heart* MANgina!

(you're going to have to google that one if you don't know cuz I'm NOT explaining it!) roflmao!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Ewww, I think I can tell what MANgina is, no need to google it thankyouanyway!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Killjoy said...

Did anyone actually call the number? I bet the guy (I'm assuming) would probably be more excited that someone actually found it. How funny!

4:32 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

No, I don't dare. But I think my brother in law will do it. I'm going to ask him to call.

6:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenn, FYI - Your brother-in-law called the number and left a message for Sean to call him back. I'll keep you posted.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Sean! I wonder if he'll call back. My guess is no. Now if a woman had called him.....

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home