Monday, December 12, 2005

Abu ghraib's got nothing on these kids.

Good ole George Dubya isn't the only one dealing with the issue of torture lately. We've had our fair share around these parts as well. You see folks, my oldest is a middle schooler. There's nothing nastier than a middle school girl. I'm not trying to betray my gender, but quite simply, it's true. These girls will rip out your guts, feed it to crows, and laugh the whole time. Ok, I might be a little harsh since it's my daughter on the receiving end. Let me try to explain.

My daughter has been friends with "Sally", the girl down the road, since the beginning of elementary school. Everything has been great until this year when they entered Middle School and met Bitchy Betty. Bitchy Betty has been encouraging "Sally" to torture my daughter. They call her up and invite her places then say "Forget it, you can't come!" and hang up. They stood in the middle of a group of people at school and said she was "annoying and can't believe she has friends" They asked her to sing for them and then told her she was terrible. The most recent event was friday night at the dance when she said hi to them. They called her a leach and told her to go away.

Can I tell you what I'd like to do to these dumb little shits? Let your imagination roam, you'll find it. You might wonder why my girl keeps going back for more. God knows if it was me, I'd get as far away as possible. Unfortunately, that's just her style. She wants to be friends with everyone. She gives people way more chances than they deserve. And this is also the way it is in Middle School. Fight, make up, fight, make up. I don't miss it at all.

The kicker is that "Sally's" mom is big in the community. She is on several commitees for women's issues, handicap rights, she's a bigwig at the local college, and holds a position in our city government. Yet both her kids are big bullies. Especially the older one.

It's a tough position because I don't want my daughter to be bullied, but she has got to learn to stick up for herself. Errrrr....She just called to say she's staying after school with Bitchy Betty and Sally (and others) to watch the boys basketball practice. There are so many things wrong with that sentence, that I just don't know where to begin.

Home school looks pretty good on days like this.

6 Comments:

Blogger darrylmasterson said...

being one that got picked on through out all of school, I hate that anyone picks on my kids... she's just to dang nice for her own good...

I think "Sally" and older sister simply suffer from small dog syndrome. two tiny little girls that just won't stop yapping until you kick them in the teeth... can I do that?

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erin- Thanks for visiting! I can see her becoming a really great best friend, let's hope she finds someone who deserves her.

Oz- Jr. High sucked Big Time. I absolutely hated it. I'll give her your advice and I do think high school will help some.

D- If you kick first, I'll follow :)

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is terrible, I started to cry reading this. Let's go get the Mother!!!
She is suppose to be so good, well I say that starts at home with your own children!
We need to do something, anything!!!
I hated middle school!!!

....but to tell you the truth work life isn't much better, I think I work with "Bitchy Betty's" Aunt
"Conniving Connie". I don't which one is worse.

Cindy

10:14 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Yeah, it's been rough going but she and "Sally" are ok now. They're just going to not spend as much time together. I'm trying to get her to make new friends from the basketball team.

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Junior High (or "Middle School" as they call them now) is EVIL! there's a good book about this teenage girl stuff called "Queen Bees and Wannabes." You never know, it might help?

10:31 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Thanks, Tim. I'm going to pick that up. I use all the help I can get.

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home