Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Summertime and the living is easy...


It's been an incredibly busy summer. There's only 3 weeks left until school and I haven't accomplished half of what I had planned to this summer. We've been busy.

Recently, we went on vacation to the Berkshires in Massachusetts. We had a good time! But before that, my good friends took my husband and I to the best concert ever - George Michael! It was a birthday gift to me. George was so good. The show was amazing, the seats were excellent, I was incredibly happy! I had so much fun. It was about a 2 1/2 hour concert and I was totally fueled on adrenaline the whole time.
Ah, George. It was fun. Thank you!

Here's a few pictures from vacation. I'm working on what to do about the blog. I could go anonymous, stay here and leave Jasmine out of it, I'm not sure. I'll figure it out.




Here is the Stone Barn from Shaker Village







Violet next to her favorite part of Shaker Village:
The Privy. She loved the idea of us using the bathroom as a family. There were enough holes for all of us and even a small one for a potty trainer. Between this, and the interactive animal scat exhibit at the Berkshire Musuem, Violet was happy. She could not have given a crap* less about anything else we saw.


*please excuse the bad pun*







Those Shakers. Too bad they were celibate. Maybe there would still be some of them around to enjoy this view.



When we got home from vacation we discovered something very mysterious in our house. A fairy door had popped up in our hallway staircase! Lila and Violet have been very interested in Fairies lately and have been spending a lot of time outside building fairy houses from sticks and moss. I guess they felt welcome here and moved in to the house!





Last night the girls left the fairies some presents. A few pennies, a flower, and a couple of letters. When they got up this morning, all the presents were gone and the hallway carpet was all sparkly! A hunt began for more doors, but none have been found - yet!
You can check out this website to see where some other fairy doors have been spotted.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger darrylmasterson said...

those are some great pictures, I love the new camera!

3:03 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Me too!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, awesome photos! I love the fairy door, that is so cool!

3:39 PM  
Blogger Marianna said...

Well, there you are!

:)

I love that flower photo. Just beautiful!
M~

4:52 AM  
Blogger Marianna said...

P.S. ~ I love fairies too!

:)
M~

4:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's our girl, always interested in the gross side of life.

I wish those fairy's would build a door at my house, they sure would be welcome.

We toured the Shaker Village in Canterbury about 8 years ago, it was amazing!

Glad the blog is back, I say just keep writing who cares what other people think. It's the crazy stuff they do that make the blog great!

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, it's wonderful to have you back! And the pictures are super... I'm glad you had the chance to go away for awhile and 'recharge.' That Violet, what a funny kiddo. She looks so much like Nanny, I can't get over it. Is there something I should know? Ha, ha, ha...

Love the fairy door. I wonder if fairies move into apartments too? Also I wonder if they do housework? If so then maybe you could 'capture' one or two and send them over. I promise to treat them well... ~;^)

2:04 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I wish fairies would do house work! All they do is sprinkle sparkles every where. The girls would love it if they'd build more doors around here. They leave little presents for them every day.
Thanks for checking in everyone!

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We make flower fairies all the time! We also have a Fairie door at our house; it's outside in one of our Willow trees. I'll come down on the weekend and bring my Fairie Kit, we'll make some tea, have a snack and make Fairies galore! That will sure to bring a few more doors to your home!
Violet does look just like Nanny! She looks a lot like her Aunt Steph, too!

5:37 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

She does look like you and Nanny! Everyone says that. There are a few comments about similar attitudes as well, but we'll leave those alone ;)

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home