Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Presents, Cake, and Amoxicillin

We had Lila's friends over this weekend for her fifth birthday. It was a nice time. There were several no shows, but that actually made the group easier to manage. They did crafts, games, and whacked the guts out of an overstuffed Strawberry Shortcake Pinata. They also had a Barbie cake that Lila's Nanny made for her. It was a good time.


And today, both my girls have ear infections. I hope we didn't pass it around, or maybe it was passed to us, who knows? But at the risk of pulling a Martha, here's an insider trading tip for you- invest in CVS or Walgreens. I think they will be pulling in some extra scripts sometime soon.

8 Comments:

Blogger darrylmasterson said...

I can't believe you dumped the leftover cake.... mmmmm cake...

4:00 PM  
Blogger foxymama said...

Love that kid! Darn, she's growing up too fast. Slow her down, will ya? Sorry about the illnesses. Hope it's over soon. You dumped leftover cake?! Hey, I was here... ~;^)

5:09 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

It wasn't cake so much as 10 inches of frosting and 1 centimeter of cake. It was time for it to go. I'll make something else for the sweet theeth in the house (IE-everyone!).

6:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My poor babies, Aunt Ninny will come over and visit!
Nice cake and by the way everyone here would have freaked about you throwing out all the frosting, they always fight over who gets to lick the plate of the extra frosting!
Nice pic, but Lilie looks like she doesn't feel well.
Big kisses for them!!!
Cindy

7:17 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Ok the truth is I HAD to throw away the frosting. Everytime I walked into the kitchen I took a fingerful. Couldn't help myself. Every one was healthy for the party so that was good. It's just these darn colds hang on soooo long that other things develop from them. Ug.
And Cindy- I saw your car at Nanny's this evening. So much for visiting!

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so sorry, i was going to come over but nanny said you were getting dinner ready and you know the boys they alway call when i am 2 feet away and want to know when i am coming home to cook dinner, two culinary school grads and i still have to cook!!! I will be over to see my girls soon, i promise!!!

5:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice cake. I wish I had some cake. I love cake.

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, what a cutey! And that cake is awesome! I so miss cake. Wheat allergies suck.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home