Friday, December 30, 2005

Coffee, Coffee, Buzz, Buzz

Sleepy. Very sleepy.

Oldest daughter up at 3am. Cramps, can't sleep. 2 Advils, 1 hot water bottle, the remote and the couch.

Baby Girl heard the commotion in the hall. She's up. 3 hours of twirling my hair (it's what she does when she's sleepy) and calling the cat to sleep with us. Finally put her back in her own bed at 6-ish.

Cat can't settle. On the bed, on the floor, on the bed, on my head, out the door.

Babe is back up at 7:30am. Her Dad puts her back in bed with me. "Where the 'mote? Where the 'mote? Caillou!"

8:30am- Middle baby girl brings me a present and hand made card. "Open it!" It's one of my christmas hand towels wrapped in a fleece blanket. "Isn't it soft and pretty?!"

Half a pot of coffee later. My fingers are twitching, but I'm coming around. I love you, Juan Valdez.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

THE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, I KNOW THEM WELL.
It all started when Zac was born. He never slept thru the night until he was around 3 years old. By than I was use to the 4 or 5 hours of sleep I was getting. Now that's a way of life for me. Makes for a lot of late night tv watching!!
Right there with ya!
Cindy

12:56 PM  
Blogger foxymama said...

Hey girls, you know I never get to bed before 1 or 2 at least. Maybe we ought to get together in the middle of the night. Jenn, sounds like the girls are taking after the Timster... ~;^)

2:18 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

If one gets up, they usually all get up. I'm one of those people that can't get back to sleep for hours after being woken up.

4:32 PM  
Blogger darrylmasterson said...

The kids woke up?!?!?

10:32 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Ha ha, honey. You'd sleep through a roof being redone - wait- didn't you actually do that!?

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home