Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Kitchen Olympics

All was well when I last left the scene of the crime. Violet was nicely seated at her snack table in the middle of the kitchen. She was eating her toast and raisins. Lila was sitting the computer, eating a sandwich and playing a game. Peace and harmony.

"I'm just going to run upstairs and put some laundry away girls." I said.

"Alright Mama." They said in unison.

I put one basket away and went to the stairs "You guys alright?" I yelled.

"Yeah, we're fine." Lila called back

"Ahright!" Little Violet chimed.

I started the second basket when I heard *Beep Beep Beeeeep*. "Geez," I was thinking "that sounds like the microwave." I headed back downstairs to see what was up.

The kitchen looked like the monkeys from Jumanji had been there. Toast and raisins were everywhere. The crusts from Lila sandwich were on the floor under her chair and she was making her own chocolate milk. The snack table was pushed aside and Violet had pushed her chair to the counter and was setting the microwave for 10 minutes. The smell emanating from inside of it suggested it had been run for atleast two or three already. This had to atleast qualify for a speed record. I was gone, maybe, seven minutes.

"What have you guys been doing?!" I asked them.

Baby girl answered first with a resounding "Nahying!"

Lila agreed with Violet "Yeah, nothing. Just eating breakfast."

I was going to point out that when most people are just eating breakfast it doesn't require a hose and an elephant broom, but I had the feeling that idea would be lost on these two. So I'm giving the Gold and Silver medals to Violet and Lila (respectively) for speed piggyness and the ability to make their Momma sigh.

*Sighhhhh*

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HaHaHaHa

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know, I think Zac and Lindsey may have them beat in both!
Cindy

9:18 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Nothing was in the microwave except old food bits that are very done now.
Kick those kids to the curb, Cindy!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Shuggie's Momma said...

Can husbands get the medals too? LOL I definitely am not looking forward to my Ashley using the microwave now!

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home