Friday, February 10, 2006

Who knew PBS could be a bad influence?

Lila and I were driving home from the video store last night. She had just rented a movie with her own money - a whole $2.00 - when she pipes up from the back seat "I know a way to get more money."

"Really, how?" I asked. Secretly, I was starting to swell with pride. My little baby was going to do some chores and earn her money. She'd pick up a few toys, maybe wash the kitchen table or windows. It didn't matter, she was learning the value of hard work. What a smart girl.

"Well," she starts "First I need to get a dress and cut some holes in it, then I have to stand on a corner and say (affecting a falsetto) 'Oh dear, I haven't any money. Whatever will I do?!' "

"Lila Grace! Where on earth did you get an idea like that?" I'm really trying to be stern and not laugh.

"On Arthur. DW did it." She says

"That's a cartoon, and you're a real girl. That idea is not safe or honest. You need to find a different way to earn money." I tell her.

"It would work." She says, a little disapointed.

Smart girl, indeed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

That may help with her shyness around strangers, but I think we'll stick to chores. Thanks anyway ;)

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess it is time to restrict that show!!
You tell Miss LilieGrace, that she can take care of Daisymae at Nanny's house from time to time to make money!!!
and tell her Real Girly-Girls do not wear dresses with holes in them!!!!
Cindy

11:19 AM  
Blogger darrylmasterson said...

leave it to our little ones to find a way to twist something as nice as PBS into something wrong...

I just figured it might be Violet that would have been the one.

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home