Sunday, February 19, 2006

Party Time

So Jasmine came to me to announce that she had been invited to a birthday party. One of her friends was having a sleep over with a bunch of girls. They were going to head over on a Friday after school and spend the night. Great, sounds like fun. This Friday rolls around and Jasmine announces that she has since been UNinvited to the party. Seems that the birthday girl had invited too many friends and her mom told her shorten the list. Three girls, including Jasmine, were asked not to attend - but they are invited to stop by after school to drop off their gift. Just as long as they don't stay for the party.

Yeah, right. Hold your breath Miss Manners, we'll be right there.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is BS, what do they think they are teaching their kids. Sorry you are univited to my party but please pay homage to my birthday as long as you gat out of my face. All I can do is shake my head and wonder.
People are so rude, worst is the rude people are just producing more rude people.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Marianna said...

Oh that's a bunch of crap. Yeah, I doubt I'd be hauling myself over there with pressies after THAT comment!

M~

9:36 PM  
Blogger Marianna said...

I guess I don't understand THAT kind of parenting. I'm not a parent, but when I was a step-mom, I was VERY responsible with taking care of my sweet girl.

Some folks just don't need to breed.

LOL
M~

6:20 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I think if the parent had gotten involved in the beginning to help plan, this wouldn't be an issue. I'm constantly amazed how many of her friends are left to their own devises. We get calls all the time that start with "My mom said I need to figure out my own ride to and from the dance tonite."

6:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a bunch of Crap, this is!!
Is Jasmine ok with this?
What is it with people anyway, the more I see and hear about people, the more I don't like them!!!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

The funny thing is that Jasmine wasn't too upset about it. I was bothered more than she was. I told her it was rude for her friend to assume she still got a gift after uninviting somebody. Jazz was more upset that 3 girls her friend barely knows are going to the party and she isn't. Kids are dumb. Her mother should have been helping her plan this party so there wouldn't any problems.

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home