Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Conversations with Lila

Lila: Do you know that caveman?
Me: What caveman?
Lila: I think his name is Fred.
Me: Caveman Fred....Fred Flintstone?
Lila: Yeah, him. Why is he always saying "Yibba Yibba Yibba"?
Me: It's "Yabba Dabba Doo!". It's his happy noise. Kind of like saying Woohoo, or Yee Haw!
Lila: Oh. That's a little weird.

*****
Lila: I don't get Miss Piggy.
Me: What do you mean?
Lila: Well, why is she always in a dress and wearing make up and jewlery and stuff.
Me: Because she's very fabulous.
Lila: Pigs belong on farms.
Me: Miss Piggy is way to pretty to live on a farm!
Lila: Pigs aren't allowed in the house. They live in mud.
Me: I wouldn't let Miss Piggy hear you say that. She'd get you with one of her karate chops - Hiya!
Lila: Really?
Me: Really. She can be a little mean sometimes.
Lila: I don't like her.
*****
Me: I have to work today, so you're going to go to Nanny's after school.
Lila: Great!
Me: Now when you come home from school I want you to make a healthy choice for snack. Something good for your body.
Lila: Ok, I'll have some chips and some juice and two cookies.
Me: Those aren't really healthy things. How about some apples, bananas, peanutbutter toast, a bowl of cereal would be a good choice.
Lila: Ok. I'll have a bowl of cereal. But can Nanny chop up a chocolate bar and put that on top?
Me: *Sighhhh*
*Ed. Note- If asked, my mom would totally chop up a candy bar and put it on her cereal. No questions asked.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never liked Miss Piggy that much either. She's obnoxious, she is mean sometimes and she can't take "no" for an answer. Poor Kermit.
As for the candy bar on the cereal, that girl can really think outside the box. (The cereal box anyway) Ha Ha Ha!

8:56 AM  
Blogger Marianna said...

Oh how cute!

I'm glad you got the mail art!!

M~

9:33 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

She's a funny kid. You can tell when she brings something up that she's been thinking about it for awhile.

Marianna I just sent your card out a few minutes ago! You should have it soon. Thanks again for the mail art, it was cool.

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's my Lilie Grace, my kind of snack! Cereal and choc, but don't forget the sugar sprinkled on top~!!

yaaaaay!!!! for Nanny and her carefree ways!

12:24 PM  
Blogger darrylmasterson said...

now if she could just put this creative thinking to use for good, rather than evil...

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I for all time emailed this web site post page to all my contacts, for the reason
that if like to read it afterward my contacts will too.


Stop by my page: quick weight loss diets

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home