Tuesday, March 07, 2006

It's The Inner Voice That Counts

"Violet, do you want a bagel?"

"NO!"

No thank you Mother. I'm really not that hungry. Thanks for offering.

"Violet, do you want some milk?"

"NO, JUICE!"

Actually Mom, I would prefer some juice. Thanks so much for getting it for me!

"Phew! Violet do you need your diaper changed?!"

"No!"

Yes Momma, I have soiled myself. Will you be a dear and clean me up? I promise to get that potty training thing down as soon as possible.

"Violet, did you color on the wall?"

"No, Lila."

Yes mother, it was me. I know I blamed Lila and that was unfair. It's just that when the creative spirit hits me, I can't help myself. Please forgive me.







3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've thought all along that Violet was thinking more than she was saying, I just believed it was more like, "Why is this woman always on my case? Why doesn't she just shut up and give me a cookie?!"

5:42 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Yeah, she probably does just want a cookie. Two year olds can be so self-centered.

5:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great post! I know adults who couldn't produce either type of conversation!!! LOL

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home