Monday, April 10, 2006

Music to my ears..

"I wad YOU you wad ME! Gray big HUG!"

There's been quite a bit of joyful noise around the house lately. For no other reason than the fact that baby girl has discovered she can sing. It's really rather cute. So cute, in fact, that I can forgive that she prefers to sing the Barney anthem most of the time. Caillou's theme song is also a big hit around here too, and Elmo makes an occasional appearance.

The really interesting songs come when she thinks no one is listening. That's when she makes them up herself. Armed with her little piano, she'll find a quiet place to sit so she can play and sing. Not too long ago I was in the kitchen making dinner when Violet wandered in and plopped herself on the floor with the piano she got for christmas. Completely oblivious of me, she began to play a song and sing.

"AhhhOOOO! OOOOoooo. To to to to to! OOOOOO!"

I crept over to the phone and called my mom. "Hey, listen to this." I whispered and held the phone out.

"AAAHHHooooo OOOOaaaahh OOOOO!"

"What is that? Are you playing a whale song tape?" My mom asked.

Nature sounds and kid show theme songs are not the only things on her repetiore. She can riff off her family too. Just the other day, alone in the Sponge Bob fort, I heard her playing the piano and singing a sweet little gem:

"Lila too, We We too, Mommy too, Daddy too..."

Ahh..baby. So sweet you are. Almost makes me forget the upside down bowl of cereal on the living room rug and purple crayon on the wall. Almost. Play it again, kiddo. I'll get the cleaning supplies.

6 Comments:

Blogger Marianna said...

HAHA! She sounds absolutely precious!

M~

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I tried to comment this morning, but it would not let me.
How cute is Baby Violet!!!
I will have to get her to sing to me.
Cindy

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does your video camera work? If you can do it without getting caught it will be great in 15 years!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I need to get that video camera working. I can capture all the cute and play it back after she's done something less cute. Like dump a capri sun in her sister's fish tank. Good thing Beta fish only cost 6 bucks!

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

12:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home