Thursday, April 20, 2006

How did Stella get her groove back?

I really do have lots to say, you know. Being home with three kids gives me a ton of material. For instance, I met a woman a birthday party recently who's five year old son has never thrown up. Never! I found this little tid bit fascinating. She's never been woken up in the middle of the night to change pukey sheets, or had her kid make it to the toilet, but not in time to lift the lid. Can you imagine? What's her life like?

There was also the conversation I had with my daughter's friend about how us "old ladies wear your pants so high. It's gross." Hello! It's called your waist. The last thing this town needs is more over weight soccer moms bearing a muffin top for the world to see. Freakin kids.

And T-Ball! Did I mention I sorta made my husband the coach? Eh, all he does is lay in bed on Saturday mornings anyway. And on the ball field, I thought I met a great group of parents with two year olds for my little one to play with. All hopes for playdates may be dashed, as my sweet baby girl ran up to the other babies and used a nice deeeeeep monster voice to proclaim "MY daddy MY ball MY Tee I PLAY!" Don't scurry to your cars too fast moms, you forgot your kids' mits!

Oh, there's lots more. Like Jasmine just turned twelve last week, Lila is losing teeth faster than Augustus Gloop in the chocolate factory, and potty training Violet has been - interesting. And it seems that every time I start writing deeper into any given subject, reality comes crashing down with, well a crash. Or an overturned cereal bowl. And when I settle back down to finish, I just can't get my groove back.

So one of these days I'll be able to finish a thought, flesh out an idea, or sound out a proclamation. I hope. Those kids have gotta sleep sometime, right?

5 Comments:

Blogger Marianna said...

Good God. How does one NOT puke?! I was a walking projectile my childhood years!

Good luck on the potty training...

M~

6:35 PM  
Blogger darrylmasterson said...

and here I thought your days were filled with glasses of wine and bon-bons!

you are the best and I'm the luckiest bastard on the planet for catching you!

love you babe.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Awww! Honey, you're so sweet! Or you want something- what? What is it?

6:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, my first comment is.....What does the hubby want?
I just also wanted to say, keep writing as I love the "girl" stories and would miss them.
But as far as things getting better as they get older, I am not so sure about that. Mines 23 years old and have yet to have that quiet moment!

6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, no prob. Blog at your own pace. Lord knows, you're still blogging oodles more than my ma!

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home