Monday, May 01, 2006

Birthday Weekend Extravaganza!

Saturday was my husband and my daughter's birthday. Violet turned two, Darryl turned 34. We had a party for them, and everyone else through March and April whose birthdays slide by us. Not unnoticed, mind you, just unrecognized. I think we celebrated close to ten birthdays. The weather was lovely and sunny and my mom made mass quantities of food that pretty much all got eaten. As the day wound down, we played cards at the picnic table and sat around my husband's new fire pit (a birthday present from me and his girls). The kids all played together and had fun. There were a few fights, mostly between Violet and her little friend over a car. His birthday was also in April - three weeks before Violet's.


They eventually moved on to other modes of transportation where they kissed and made up.

All in all, it was a good day. Violet got some great presents, as did Darryl, and Jasmine who's birthday was in the beginning of April. We survived another April - the birthday month from hell. Just what was it about July that had the panties flying off, anyway? You'd think the sweltering heat and humidity would cause wives to threaten their husbands with sticks if they got too close. It must be the air conditioning.

As my friend always says: "God bless Willis Carrier"

7 Comments:

Blogger Marianna said...

Awww! How sweet! Happy birthday to your daughter & your hubby! May & October are my busy birthday months.

M~

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are way to funny!!!
great blog and pics!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Thanks girls! I'll pass the message along, M. Tomorrow's your big day!

I'm grateful April is over and done.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

That's funny! Best present he ever got. We joke that Violet was Darryl's b-day present since she was born on his birthday. And I was a little too preoccupied that day to go shopping.

6:07 AM  
Blogger Cattiva said...

The pics are TOO cute!! We start at the end of August here and are on a slippery downward slide (including the holidays) until January. You would think I could have at least planned the births of the kids a little better. *sigh*

9:41 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Hey Catt! Thanks for checking in!

6:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home